Uber's Privacy and Cybersecurity Legal team is a diverse group of global professionals who provide data privacy and security legal solutions by accounting for ethics, laws, business risks, and growth opportunities. Its mission statement is \"We drive Uber's efforts to be a trusted steward of our users' personal data in every market where Uber operates.\" This position is focused on our cybersecurity legal practice and will report to the Chief Privacy Officer.
What You Will Do
• Represent a diverse group of global clients on domestic and international legal issues related to cybersecurity and privacy
• Collaborate with other partners to manage privacy and cybersecurity incident preparedness, investigation, communication, and remediation
• Collaborate with cybersecurity, engineering, safety, and litigation teams on legal guardrails for data security issues and opportunities
• Research and track global cybersecurity and privacy legislation, evolving regulations, and enforcement trends and translate that into practical, effective advice
• Assist business and engineering teams on incorporating privacy- and security-by-design into Uber's technologies and embracing innovative privacy and cybersecurity solutions from inception to end-of-life
• Create and present engaging training and awareness content
• Further develop Uber's legal notices, policies, playbooks, and other materials supporting Uber's privacy and cybersecurity programs
• Participate in group projects, including team-building and wellness
• Contribute to our ongoing mission to drive Uber's efforts to be a trusted steward of our users' personal data in every market where Uber operates
• J. D. with a minimum of 5+ years of legal experience for Counsel level
• Minimum 8+ years of practicing experience for Sr Counsel level
• Minimum 2+ years experience within privacy and/or cybersecurity law
• Active membership in at least one U.S. state bar
• Minimum 3+ years experience within privacy and/or cybersecurity law
• 6+ years experience within privacy and/or cybersecurity law for Sr Counsel
• CIPP certification preferred
• In-house legal experience preferred, particularly in connection with technology platforms
• Demonstrated ability to independently manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues
• Consistent good judgment and ability to apply legal knowledge to help create practical business solutions
• Flexibility, a positive demeanor, a sense of humor, and ability to constructively manage change
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Solid understanding of international cybersecurity and privacy laws, particularly in the US and EU
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).