About the Role
The Uber Transit - and newly acquired Routematch team - is focused on building out a world-class Customer Organization to empower public transit to deliver the best possible service for their riders! The Global Operations Lead will develop a team of over 20 including the following functions:
• Project Management: Leads new deployments and responsible for non-recurring revenue.
• Operations (SaaS): Delivers and provides ongoing operational support for microtransit SaaS deployments.
• Implementation Consultants: The team that designs, configures (in-app), delivers training to customers, and tests systems for new deployments.
• Process Improvement: Focuses on driving efficient approaches to the launch organization.
We are looking for an experienced professional to join our team who has a strong background of success in launching large-scale technology implementations globally, standardizing processes, and building systems that drive efficiency while providing great customer experiences! Success in this function will be based on the individual's ability to drive on-time deployments with high levels of customer satisfaction.
What You'll Do
• Lead 20+ project managers, operations managers, implementation consultants, and members of the process improvement team to drive the successful delivery of transit products for our partners.
• Oversee and optimize our global approach to launching Uber's enterprise technology products and services with transit customers and reduce the time between contract close and launch.
• Drive great customer outcomes. Be the point of contact for our customers during the launch phase and ensure that they are highly satisfied with the product.
• Work closely with the Global Head of Customer and the other Leads to create the team strategy and execute critical projects that can contribute to the growth and retention of transit customers.
• Lead & coach a team of staff members, and continue to develop strong talent to deliver on your goals. Empower and support our team to continually up-level their results, expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher standards to foster our core operational metrics.
• Take a data-led approach to deliver progress towards team objectives. Set standards for productivity (billable utilization rate), quality, and customer satisfaction during launch, and hold team members accountable - celebrating wins, and addressing challenges.
• Provide in-depth reporting and analysis to senior leaders on a regular basis with a focus on the customer experience, quality, and workforce management
• Work closely in a matrixed environment with sales, product, local operations, marketing, strategy, and finance to launch and maintain successful partnerships with transit organizations.
• Lead the team to build and deliver our product to ensure the launch lifecycle is completed consistently and predictably at a fast pace.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• 6 years of work experience
• 2 years of people management experience
• 8+ years of experience in program/project management in software / ERP implementations or similar at a senior level (i.e. operations, management consulting).
• Experience leading teams of 20+ within an organization, ideally across different layers within the company's structure globally, with a transparent approach to leadership.
• Knowledge of workforce management, project management, and milestone management processes and tools. Experience working with Smartsheets is a plus, but not required.
• Very strong written communication and presentation skills (both building presentations and presenting to senior leadership)
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. We go above and beyond to ensure that any issues for our transit agency customers are addressed and that we always work to provide the best product for the agency and riders.
• Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to layout and test clear hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined direction.
• Strong relationship management skills. Your emotional intelligence makes it easy to handle sensitive discussions and navigate multiple partner engagements simultaneously.
• A self-starter - Everywhere you go, you can't help but flex and stretch your analytical powers, pitching in as needed, and taking initiative to seize opportunities.
• Ability to use data to quickly establish the highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them.
• Business process consulting experience, complex enterprise software with multiple integrations and ERP experience highly desirable.
• Experience in working with government partners is ideal.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).