|Category||Sales & Account Management|
About the Role
Uber has recently launched 'Uber Direct', a last-mile delivery service for business customers. The last-mile delivery market (B2C, B2B) is estimated to be worth upwards of $7.5b AUD in Australia, with rapidly increasing consumer preference for on-demand (not just same-day/next-day) services.
In this role, you will pursue merchants for our new Direct product by effectively communicating the value proposition of our on-demand delivery solutions. You will be responsible for building new Direct business pipeline, forecasting opportunities and constructing territory and account plans to achieve your quota. You have experience selling into multiple stakeholders within Enterprise accounts and negotiating enterprise contracts for delivery services within the B2B and retail spaces.
Reporting into the Head of Enterprise, Uber for Business in A/NZ, this role will initially be an individual contributor with a pathway to management as the product gains traction.
What You'll Do:
• Lead the sales process for prospective Uber Direct merchants
• Communicate the value of the Uber Direct to Enterprise prospects and customers
• Develop territory/account plans to grow pipeline and account plans to break into whitespace accounts for Uber Direct
• Lead and coordinate end to end sales motion for Enterprise Direct prospects including qualification, education, pricing/quoting and contract negotiation.
• Provide opportunity status by regularly updating SFDC, doing weekly forecasts and participating in quarterly business reviews
What You'll Need:
• A proven track record: You'll have 7+ years of experience in B2B solution sales in; logistics, SaaS, retail, FMCG or supply chain
• Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills with a solution oriented approach to working with prospects and customers
• Customer obsession: You won't be expected to know everything (yet). However, you'll have a strong appetite to understand and learn the industries and customers you're targeting, and what they need to be successful with Direct.
• Knowledge of how to build and execute on territory and account plans
• Willingness to sell new products and services - Uber Direct is a new business line for Uber, and you will act as the voice of the customer to our operations and product teams. You will collect, consolidate, and communicate deal requirements and product feature requests.
• Proven ability to operate in an ambiguous and highly dynamic environment
• Previous experience in last-mile (shipper or carrier side) or eCommerce is a plus, but not required
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.