|Category||Safety, Security & Insurance|
About the Role
This is an excellent opportunity for an intellectually curious actuary to gain valuable non-traditional actuarial experience while working in one of Uber's most critical and fastest growing divisions. This actuary will report to the Senior Actuary, Specialty & International Pricing and interact with internal stakeholders across the globe in Risk, Claims, Finance, and Legal functions, as well as insurance providers in multiple countries. If you're ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the skills, experience, passion, and a strong team mentality - read on and get in touch!
What You Will Do
• Produce country-specific insurance pricing to support international auto and driver/rider benefit insurance placements and renewals
• Structure and price innovative insurance products to cover Uber's unique risks, spanning from Accident & Health to Auto and General Liability coverages
• Collaborate with Uber's regional risk management and claims teams to identify insurance gaps, propose solutions, and measure insurance's positive impact to the business
• Implement and refine processes for monitoring loss costs and trends to inform the business
• Collaborate cross-functionally with other actuarial functions within Uber, including US Pricing, Reserving, and Claims Analytics
• ACAS/FCAS with 4+ years of property and casualty insurance experience
• BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, or similar
• Personal and/or commercial pricing experience
• Excellent Excel skills, proficient with SQL
• Great communication and presentation skills, able to multitask, stay organized and be a team player
• Balance attention to detail with swift execution
• Hunger and drive to learn complex topics
• Enthusiasm about Uber!
• FCAS with 5+ years of property and casualty insurance experience
• Experience with VBA, R, or Python
• International insurance, large account pricing, or reinsurance experience
• Bilingual / multilingual
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).