About the Role
We are looking for a Program Manager who will be an integral part of Uber's journey by completing operational assessments across Uber markets. The Program Manager role calls for strong problem solving skills and curiosity. You need to be able to quickly understand Uber's Delivery business model (Courier, Eater, and Merchant) across Global markets, ask the right questions to local teams, spot operational gaps, and propose improvements.
The Global Compliance Team is responsible for implementing an assurance program to document and maintain market-level operating requirements for Uber's suite of products and evaluate markets in meeting those requirements. If you love setting a vision and solving problems from 30,000 feet as well as diving deep into the details, we have the opportunity you've been looking for.
What You'll Do
• Evaluate operational processes utilized by markets across the globe against market guidelines and requirements
• Provide strategic recommendations on addressing any identified issues and ensure timely resolution by coordinating with local and centralized compliance operations teams
• Conduct independent monitoring, reviews and investigations into regulatory compliance and map out the risk landscape
• Identify common business needs across regions to provide guidance on global tool/product development
• Document and maintain operational requirements, including global policies and local regulations, working with internal stakeholders such as Safety & Insurance and Legal
• Present findings and insights to senior management to drive business decisions
• Build, maintain, communicate, and present detailed reporting at city-level, regional, and mega-regional levels
• Collaborate with other city and central operations teams, legal, insurance, tax, and safety to ensure that insights inform broader strategic initiatives
• Bachelor's degree or relevant technical experience
• Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in Strategy, Risk Consulting, Compliance, Operations or Audit
• Willingness to travel globally (50% travel expected)
• Preferred 6 years of work experience in Strategy, Risk Consulting, Compliance, Operations or Audits
• Analytical rigor - Excellent Excel / data management skills; SQL Proficiency
• Self-motivated, works independently and possess strong organization and time management skills
• Project Management - Keeping track of concurrent projects, making sure they're executed on time, and ensuring projects are hitting their targets
• Program Management - Developing rigorous, scalable program material informed through in-depth analysis of business operating requirements
• Experience working in food safety regulatory environment
• Undertaken compliance reviews and/or Internal Audits
• Experience in risk with an excellent knowledge of risk management techniques and experience developing scalable compliance-based safety programs
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).