About the Role
Customer success is one of Uber Freight's core values. When we deliver a high-quality experience for our users through our marketplace, products, and services, we help their businesses thrive while also driving growth, efficiency, and profitability for Uber Freight. The Service team on Central Operations focuses on bringing this value - and what it entails - to life each and every day we come to work.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will drive continuous improvement to Uber Freight's reliability, customer service, tracking, and security levels by flexing your analytical muscles to break down the most complex challenges and exciting opportunities we face across the different dimensions of Service. From carrier performance to security incidents to account scorecards - you'll build deep technical and functional subject matter expertise that enables you to problem solve at a high level.
You'll own and shape our strategy for Service by spending time going deep operationally & analytically to uncover new findings that inform our strategy and bring it to life by leading and executing project-based work to build policies, processes, and systems that guide us to the right decisions at scale.
The leadership you provide and improvements you drive in the Service space will play a critical role in Uber Freight's ability to deliver on our vision to drive long-term, sustainable growth by being the most reliable transportation partner for our customers.
What You'll Do
• Analytics - create and execute various analytics projects to inform team strategy and internal partners; including the development of reports, dashboards, and scripts/automation using Google Suite, SQL, Tableau, R, and Python
• Strategic Planning - you will develop strategies, set goals, and build roadmaps to improve service
• Leadership - you will guide our thinking on key components of our overall service strategy and lead cross-functional stakeholder groups to deliver on that strategy
• Product - work with product operations and product teams to develop business cases and insights from operations team (account management, carrier sales, support, and tracking)
• Project Management - Identify, plan, and execute projects and root cause analyses to improve our existing processes for account management and customer programs
• Operations Management - collaborate with account management teams, carrier sales, tracking, and other teams to identify process inefficiencies, build solutions, and drive operational efficiency (e.g. centralizing repeatable processes, account strategy, and growth, weekly performance reporting)
• Stakeholder Management - organize and structure work across a variety of cross-functional teams to deliver on shared goals and priorities
• Proven experience in an analytics-focused role
• Experience problem solving and proposing unique solutions to complex issues while providing premier customer support
• Experience developing and executing on project proposals (end-to-end)
• Extreme attention to detail
• Outstanding work ethic and sense of urgency
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A data-driven approach to making decisions and measuring performance
• Commitment to continuously improving (self and business)
• Technical proficiency in Google/Microsoft productivity tools
• Technical proficiency in SQL
• First-hand experience working with both shipper and carrier partners
• Technical proficiency in Python, R, or other advanced programming languages
• Experience leading small and/or cross-functional teams with a focus on strategy, analytics, and operations
• Technical proficiency in Tableau
• Domain-specific knowledge in reliability, customer service, tracking, compliance, fraud, and/or safety in the logistics (or related) industries
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).