About the Role
The Vehicles team's core mission is to fuel Uber's growth by unlocking sustainable access to vehicles for our Earners world-wide through a vibrant and prosperous Supplier community. The team builds B2B mobile, web and API based products that empower Vehicle Suppliers such as fleets, taxis, rental companies and car manufacturers to onboard, manage, optimize and scale their businesses on Uber's mobility platform. Our products are used by hundreds of thousands of suppliers across the globe with a high expectation of feature richness, ease of use and reliability.
As an Engineer on this team, you will have the ability to build and ship features from scratch across our Fleet Management, Vehicle Marketplace and Payments products and positively impact the businesses of our Vehicle Suppliers.
What You'll Do
• Design, implement, test and rollout new features across Vehicles team's web properties
• Improve the reliability and engineering quality of existing services or features
• Work in close collaboration with other engineers, product managers, designers and operations to ship useful and delightful experiences to our customers
• Contribute to building a strong culture of engineering excellence, customer obsession, ownership and camaraderie
• 2+ years of total software development experience as a frontend or full stack developer
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar discipline
• Experience working with web application development frameworks such as Nodejs, React, Redux, Angular, Next or similar
• Experience or knowledge of programming languages such as Java, Go, C++, C, Python
• Experience working on scalable backend services utilizing a microservices architecture
• Experience building and shipping features end-to-end (frontend and backend) in partnership with Product Managers and UX Designers
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing[ this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).