About the Team
The Automation Platform is building Uber's low-code platform and ecosystem that empowers Uber's Products, CRM, and Marketing to create business automation solutions as simple as drawing diagrams and assembling reusable Lego bricks. The platform is processing 2B events every day and executing thousands of workflows, batch jobs, and 1.5B actions every week. The team's work lays the foundation for Uber's business growth. If you are passionate about designing and building extremely reliable, highly scalable, and performant multi-tenant services that never fail, this is the right group for you.
About the Role
We are looking for a Sr. Backend Engineer to scale the platform to the next level. You will be responsible for:
• Designing and implementing backend services with high scalability and reliability
• Building key components of a large-scale platform for real-time event processing and batch job processing
• Providing prompt support and solutions for Product, CRM, and Marketing partners
• Working closely with product managers to build technologies to fuel business growth
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• At least five (5) years of software engineering experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).