Uber Freight connect shippers with truckers, much like the way that Uber connects riders and drivers. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of things around the world. On the Uber Freight team, we fiercely believe that our dedication to transportation technologies will bring more harmonious, highly efficient, and increasingly safer transportation logistics to our roads.
About the Role
Uber Freight is looking for a Lead Product Manager to head the Load Logistics team, that's responsible for bringing more efficiency to how loads get moved. Your scope consists of leading a team of 3 - 4 PMs through new product development: aligning product vision with business objectives, translating user insights into feature ideation, and prioritizing and executing a roadmap.
Specifically, your team's scope will focus on creating both B2B and internal tools that allow for us to move loads efficiently and handle exceptions smoothly. Your team will help build tools that help automatically track where a load is, allow our internal operators to catch and address any exceptions before they occur and finally ensure that we are invoicing the appropriate amount to our shippers.
What You'll Do
As Lead Product Manager for Load logistics, these are the types of questions you will wrestle with every day: How to enable Uber freight to increase efficiency and allow for growth while enhancing both carrier and shipper experience, with the ultimate goal of making most loads touchless i.e. not needing human intervention. Other responsibilities include:
• Work with product leadership to define Load Logistics product strategy and roadmap
• Manage, coach, and mentor a growing team of Product Managers responsible for efficiency and tracking.
• Lead and collaborate with the broader technology team, including Engineering, Data Science, Design, UX Research, Sales, Business Development, Operations, Product Operations, and Marketing to bring your ideas to life
• Develop objectives and key results (OKRs) to build short, medium, and long-term product roadmaps that take products from conception through launch and growth
• Build and launch industry-changing products from scratch and by building upon existing technologies within the Uber Freight product suite
• Represent Uber in meetings with leadership and events to evangelize Uber Freight's products and capabilities
• 6+years experience in product management, 2 +years as a people manager
• Experience building 0 to 1 products, or scaling an existing product(s) feature. (B2B / B2C)
• Experience working alongside design teams / UX exposure along with cross-functional counterparts
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.