About the Role
Uber is seeking an experienced Engineering leader to drive the technical roadmap and development of Uber's Big Data Security, Compliance, Privacy, and Governance efforts. Uber's data is a mission-critical competitive advantage for the company. Our data platform operates at massive scale and is the point of entry to enable decisions for thousands of users across the company. We are looking for a hardworking leader with technical depth who can help to scale our security and governance infrastructure for the whole data stack, making sure our massive data lake is always compliant with various regulations across the world. This is a highly transparent role, with exposure to our business and legal executive leadership and with high growth potential.
What You'll Do
• Develop the vision and technology roadmap for the Big Data Security, Compliance, Privacy and Governance team.
• Collaborate with Open Source communities (Knox, Sentry, Ranger, Parquet, HDFS, etc) and internal security teams, provide technical leadership in developing industry-leading solutions to scale our data security and governance infrastructure while maintaining compliance with constantly evolving regulations across the world.
• Evangelize security and privacy standard methodologies across the whole data org(200+ engineers, 50+ services).
• Recruit, encourage, and grow a top-notch engineering team
• The ideal candidate will have experience building services and components of a data platform
• 3+ years of experience working with industry-standard data analytics and warehousing systems like HDFS, Hive, Presto, Kafka, Spark.
• 2+ years experience working with data security systems like Kerberos, Knox, Sentry, Ranger, SPIRE.
• 3+ years of experience managing teams
• BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering field - Mathematics, Physics, Data Science & Ontology. MS/Ph.D. a plus
• Experience working with data compliance effort (e.g. GDPR, CCPA) is a big plus
• A track record of building large scale distributed systems and data infrastructure
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to influence and present at all levels, including C level executives
• Expertise and passion for mentoring and growing a robust team
• Experience in the operation of critical production systems
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).