About the Team
We are a new team, embarking on growing our Driver base by expanding to existing transport ecosystems. With the goal of delivering billions of $ growth for Uber in the next 3 years, you will lay the foundation technology for the team to deliver this bold business critical goal.
You will have the opportunity to work from the ground up, building and scaling systems in a fast paced engineering environment, and therefore ensuring global success. You will get to collaborate with engineers across Uber, to maximize and accelerate delivery of features.
What you'll do:
• As a backend engineer you will design, build, and maintain microservices written in Go, using a wide variety of technologies built in house and open sourced
• Build new projects from the ground up!
• Deliver groundbreaking features that help simplify the lives of drivers and riders at global scale.
• You will have a direct impact on the customer experience for drivers, who service ridesharing trips globally
What you will need:
• 6+ years of backend software engineering experience
• Expertise in one or more object-oriented programming languages (Go, Java, Scala)
• Proven experience of shipping high-quality product features on schedule
• Experience implementing complex projects with multiple dependencies
• Experience with large-scale, distributed systems development
• Experience cross-collaborating with multiple teams/orgs/locations
• Experience working in an agile engineering environment.
• Strong CS Fundamentals
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.