At Uber, we are continuously improving our performance management process and the technology that drives it. We're looking for a Technical Program Manager to work closely with cross-functional partners and vendors to improve the Process and Products that help drive Perf at Uber.
Why join us?
People are Uber's most important asset. Our team uses state-of-the-art technology coupled with Uber's own world-class infrastructure and services to create and manage custom products. Our products help recruit top talent, improve the core experience for existing employees and help grow their careers at Uber. Join us in making a positive impact on the world by making our very own employees' lives better!
What you'll do
• Partner with the Product Manager to define the implementation strategy and engineering requirements.
• Lead Tech implementation and rollouts from requirements gathering stage to sunset
• Interface with 3rd party vendors, internal engineering teams to estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources.
• Track Engineering progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status and issues to upper management and project stakeholders. Engage and energize the project teams to achieve bold goals.
• Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, handle issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing challenging priorities. Drive results proactively.
• Prepare and coordinate updates to leadership across the organization
• Advise external teams on the feasibility of enhancements
• Develop an end-to-end rollout plan for new products and enhancements, and project-manage launches
• Manage products post-launch support and surface and advocate key insights from the business to inform product improvements
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as Technical Program Manager ideally within the HR / People Tech domain.
• Experienced with the software development lifecycle. Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them as needed.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence. Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
• Strong organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
• Experience with implementing Performance or Compensation solutions.
• Experience with Avature or RedCAT systems.
• Experience with building internal solutions while working with multiple partners.
• Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).