About the Role
Uber's marketing teams play a critical role when it comes to establishing deep connections with the markets and communities we operate in today. Representing the frontline of our business, regional marketers work closely with cross-functional regional stakeholders (Comms, Policy, Ops, S&P, R&I, Data Science, and Legal and CommOps) to bring our products and brand strategy to life in-market. They work closely with regional program management teams (where applicable) and global stakeholders to define regional priorities in alignment with global priorities, managing activations of global toolkits and owning region-specific marketing efforts.
• Develop a deep understanding of regional priorities (business targets, segmentation, priority markets) to be thought partners with cross-functional team members.
• Act as primary marketing POC for regional stakeholders (Comms, Policy, Ops, S&P, R&I, Data Science, and Legal and CommOps)
• Based on Uber's global marketing strategy, lead, adapt, localize, and/or amplify initiatives to align with regional strategy, taking into account local specifics and culture
• Identify uniquely local marketing opportunities aligned with business priorities (major events, partnerships, seasonal moments, etc) and deliver campaigns or activations against them.
• Provide general and Uber-specific state of the market assessments and report back with in-market feedback and insights.
• Ensure alignment of regional activities with global brand strategy.
• Manage and coordinate localisation of relevant content in partnership with global localisation team, as well as creating individual market/ regional-specific content when needed.
• Organise and manage individual market/ region-specific events and partnerships to deepen connections with riders, driver partners, eaters, couriers and restaurant partners
• Managing and collaborating with external partners and agencies to bring regional initiatives to life
What the Candidate Will Do
• You will be working very closely with local, regional, and global cross functional stakeholders to bring our brand strategy to life in market through creative and culture shaping activations.
• You will be leading efforts to understand the local consumer insight and navigate ways to make Uber Eats play a deeper role in our customers' daily lives.
• You will have opportunities to lead the efforts to strategize and execute on co-marketing plans with our top restaurant/merchant partners.
• 7+ years of generalist marketing experience, preferably in a fast-paced oriented environment
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or similar, and a demonstrated ability in quantitative fields
• Strong business acumen; structured thinker with project management skills and attention to detail
• Good relationship management as you will engage with partners across several different functions as well as global marketing colleagues, and external agencies in order to be successful
• Strong communication skills and the ability to bring to life the Uber brand in a way that is both consistent with our global brand positioning but also meaningful to local culture and customs
• A strong customer-centric mindset - you are always thinking about how our customers interact with the brand
• The ability to take the initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and a willingness to adopt a generalist mindset.
• Fluency in Japanese and business level writing & speaking English
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.