Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Uber Eats is home to a team of mobile and backend engineers tasked with creating an app to fuel our three-sided marketplace of eaters, delivery-partners, and restaurants. From making it easier to discover your ideal meal to designing dynamic UIs, our iOS and Android engineers keep the app healthy and users hungry for more.
About the Role
Delivery Promotion Platform team is building a reliable, extensible, and intelligent platform to maximize the impact around promotion spend within the Delivery ecosystem. The platform supports a wide spectrum of promotion products across multiple verticals (e.g. food, grocery) and supercharges business growth with ML-powered optimization of user engagement.
We are looking for a Tech Lead Manager (TLM) to manage a team of ML engineers and work on the core optimization engine of the platform. As the TLM of this team, you will directly manage a team of ML engineers by taking on responsibilities in people development/management, as well as technical roadmap definition/execution. Additionally, you will have a lot of opportunities to work with cross-functional partners (e.g. product manager, data scientist, operations, marketing, CRM) to deepen your understanding of a thriving global-scale business.
What You'll Do
• Manage/develop a team of ML engineers
• Define vision and technical roadmap for the team/product
• Lead the execution of roadmap with hands-on coding, modeling, and problem-solving
• BS/BE degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of hands-on experience with machine learning
• Good product intuition and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to perform as a TLM
• MS or PhD in a relevant field (Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, ML)
• Experience in causal inference (e.g. pricing, ads targeting, recommender system) and deep learning
• Experience in leading teams either as a tech lead or a manager
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).