|Category||Safety, Security & Insurance|
We're disrupting the transportation space and growing rapidly in both the U.S. and internationally. This is an excellent opportunity for an intellectually curious actuarial candidate to gain valuable non-traditional actuarial experience, all while working in one of Uber's most critical and fastest-growing divisions. So if you're ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the skills, experience, passion, and a strong team mentality - read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do
• Deploy traditional actuarial skills and training in new and innovative ways to support Uber's Commercial Auto insurance and other coverages through the estimation of unpaid claims liability
• Contribute to the Quarterly Reserving Process, including data creation and validation, analysis and selections, internal and external communication, as well as financial implementation
• Build detailed claims analysis to inform accurate IBNR selections and to identify operational opportunities in Uber's business and claims functions
• Work closely with various parties, including insurance finance, data science, claims analytics, and your actuarial peers in the development of analytic process and deliverables
• Communicate/present analysis findings to actuarial management and other internal stakeholders, including claims, accounting, and insurance leaders
What You'll Need
• Candidate with 4+ CAS Exams and a minimum of 3 years of P&C actuarial experience
• BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, or similar
• Commercial auto insurance or reinsurance experience a plus
• Excellent Excel skills, proficient with SQL, experience with VBA, R, or Python preferred
• Great communication and organization skills, ability to multitask and be a team player
• Balance attention to detail with swift and practical execution
• Reserving or claims analytics experience a plus
• Enthusiasm about Uber!
About the Team
The Safety and Insurance Team works toward continuously making Uber a safe choice by limiting incidents, and responding appropriately to the occurrence of rare events, ensuring current and future users see and trust our deep commitment to them.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).