About the Role
Uber Eats is the fastest growing food delivery platform in the world, just over the last year we have doubled our gross bookings! Our team's work at Uber Eats directly impacts and continues to impact our communities. We help feed the Eater, and we help the merchants stay in business.
We are hiring engineers and leaders across multiple teams in Uber-Delivery(formerly UberEats) Hyderabad site. Some of which include:
• Merchant CRM: A green field initiative in Uber-Delivery to build the capability for Merchant to communicate with Shoppers over multiple channels (sms, email, in-app...) in personalized fashion.
• Merchant Earning Experience: Build the complete view of merchant's earning from Uber-Delivery over the web and mobile views. Be the 'source of truth' data for our partners(McD, Starbucks, ...) for over $8B of gross booking, every quarter.
• Uber-Delivery Money: Handle the 3 party monetary movements between Merchant/Shopper/Courier and their bank/card/wallets in 30+ countries.
Come join us in our HYD office to be part of a thriving culture, while solving challenging problems at scale. Be sure to check out the[ Uber Engineering Blog](https://eng.uber.com/) to learn more about the technologies we work on.
• Eats is live in 6,000+ cities globally in 45 countries across 6 continents and we are growing every week.
• [Our quarterly gross book](https://investor.uber.com/news-events/news/press-release-details/2020/Uber-Announces-Results-for-Third-Quarter-2020/) was approximately $8+B, with 135% YoY growth. That's the amount our merchant partners rely on us for every single quarter.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
• Strong leadership skills but also deeply technical -- this is a sophisticated workspace. You'll need to have a strong understanding of technical architecture, system design, and problem solving acuity on sophisticated technical challenges
• 2+ years of experience managing engineering teams through technical leads
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Backend systems Experience.
• Be able to work cross-functionally with many other roles and partners within the company
• Passionate about building excellent experiences for Uber users all over the world
• A high bar across the board - for your own contributions, for the people you work with, and for the products you work on
• Experience hiring and developing a large team
• Full-stack systems experience.