About the Role
The Global Strategy Manager will deliver high priority strategic projects across the Community Operations organization, which is responsible for providing customer care globally. Based in San Francisco, but working with teams around the world, this role will apply structured thinking to critical business questions, run deep analyses, generate insights, and develop pivotal initiatives and projects to improve Uber's operations.
In this role, you will help support leadership in company-wide decision-making through your critical thinking, strategic mindset, and data-driven approach. You should have excellent analytical, problem-solving, time-management, and cross-functional leadership skills, and the ability to clearly articulate and present information to stakeholders at all levels of the business.
What you'll do
• Help shape Uber's customer care strategy and support for the future
• Develop strategic insights in globe-spanning projects to enable Uber's leadership decision-making
• Establish analytical frameworks, define processes, and collaborate with other members of Community Operations and other functional teams (Product, Marketing, Finance, etc.) to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
• Help identify operational gaps and improve or pioneer processes to drive efficiency across Community Operations
• Develop executive-level communications and presentations for Uber's leadership
• Provide thought leadership on problems without precedent
• Bachelor's degree in Business / Economics, or other quantitative fields
• Minimum 5 years of consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, operations or related experience
• Experience in communicating with and presenting to senior leaders
• Experience leading strategic projects, storyboarding and strategic analytics
• Experience working with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
• Experience collaborating and influencing others in a cross-functional team environment
• MBA, Master's degree in Economics, Business, Finance, or other quantitative fields
• Demonstrated ability to own and execute on multiple major projects
• Innovative, proactive and passionate approach towards work
• Advanced Excel / data analysis skills
• Advanced PowerPoint / presentation skills
• Some experience leading a team
About the Team
The Community Operations Global Strategy & Planning team works with teams around the world to provide critical business insights to help find opportunities and implement operational improvements. The team is working towards developing a world-class support organization that scales effectively, is reliable and consistent, and provides unmatched service to our Uber community. This is a highly sought after team that is known as a talent feeder into the rest of Community Operations and Uber.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.