About the Role
We are looking for current students to join the team as a UX Writer intern for 12 weeks during summer 2021!
You'll work on the Product Design team to build intuitive, resonant experiences for the people who use our products. You'll use meticulously crafted language to help customers reach their goals, and you'll play a role in crystallizing project vision and strategy. Will you be writing? Yes, you'll be writing. But you'll also be encouraged to understand your audience and make decisions that reflect their best interests. You're a designer -- and words are your design language!
What You'll Do
• Write interface copy in our apps, which not only propel digital experiences but also physical ones
• Experience what it's like to write for millions of users - and maybe guide us into new something new as well
• Build compelling content strategy that allows content to scale globally
• Use metrics and research to validat your work
• Collaborate with designers, engineers, product managers, product marketers, and many others to bring your creations to life
• Partner with legal and localization to ensure your creations are appropriately and responsibly launched
• Work closely with our research team to better understand the needs of our users on the Uber platform
What You'll Need
• Bachelors student in working towards a degree in English, Psychology, Design, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, HCI, or any area that emphasizes storytelling and critical thinking
• A growing portfolio of writing samples
Bonus Points If
• Anticipated graduation in winter 2021-spring 2022
• Whether it's web, app, or elsewhere, have at least one project in your portfolio that demonstrates your ability to write UI elements
• This should go without saying, but you should be able to express your ideas clearly in (very concise) writing
• A desire to learn and grow as a writer and product designer
• Have copywriting or content strategy experience in other environments
• Know the difference between writing for yourself and writing for an audience of millions who might interpret things differently
• Can guide the team in a new and exciting directions
About the Team
A cross-disciplinary team of designers, engineers, researchers, and writers, we create systems, not just screens. We strive to understand the relationships between our digital systems and real-world outcomes.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.