When figuring out what to do, we start with what is best for our customers. That can be hard, but we refuse to settle. Instead, we innovate to deliver magical experiences for drivers, riders, eaters, and businesses using the Uber platform. Many companies talk about being customer-focused, but we are customer-obsessed. We are committed to figuring out what matters to our customers and then doing everything in our power to deliver it.
About the role
As a Product Manager for Customer Obsession, you will be responsible for the strategy and development of self-service and proactive support solutions to deliver exceptional customer experiences across mobile, web, and phone platforms for Uber Riders. You will be using best-of-breed technologies (including chatbots, AI/machine learning, NLP) and innovative design thinking to accomplish this at a scale that has never been done before in the industry.
What You'll Do
• Define the roadmap and lead the execution of self-service solutions for Uber Riders
• Work closely with a substantial global community operations organization to build efficient and scalable customer support experiences
• Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team
• Distill vision and strategy for the team, get all members of cross-functional teamsuperpumped.
• Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, rider behavior, or other business metrics. Solicit and welcome critical feedback.
• Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
• Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap), and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals. Requires challenging all members of the cross-functional teams (engineering, design, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
• Make tradeoff decisions based on technical and business insights and experimentation
• Monitor and measure launched products and feed insights back into the product development process to drive growth
• Clearly communicate product plans, benefits, and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to Uber executives, employees, and Riders
What You'll Need
• This role demands a real passion for the customer, great technical depth, principled thinking, well-honed product judgment, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, a high design bar, and a mentality of starting with the customer first and working backward
• A computer science undergraduate degree or other engineering degree equivalent
• Minimum 3+ years experience delivering highly successful web or mobile products with your signature all over them
• Excellent understanding of Mobile & Web development and automation technologies
• Data-driven decision-making ability
• Experience with ML, NLP, AI, or Chatbot
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).