About the Role
You will be the champion of Safety and Compliance processes in Southern Europe (Portugal, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Greece, Israel), reporting to the Head of Business Growth. You will be cooperating closely with Heads of Countries, other Operations Managers as well as the key functional stakeholders including the Customer Experience team, Central EMEA Operations, Communications, Policy, Legal, Marketing and others.
Your role is dedicated to reducing incidents and improving safety for all of our users as well as making sure our processes adhere to the current regulatory requirements in countries of the region. Central to improving safety and compliance is instilling a shared, collective commitment to incident prevention. In your day to day job you will interpret safety data, recommend action, manage delivery of products and technological solutions and inform the integration of safety policies and standards.
What you'll do
• Become the leader of all safety and compliance initiatives in the region - ensure that the countries in Southern Europe take benefit from the latest product features, procedures, guidelines and best practices.
• Streamline compliance - understand document compliance challenges across Southern Europe and streamline document validation and audit. You will drive the improvement of experience of drivers and partners joining the platform while ensuring the highest level of adherence to local regulatory requirements and the highest safety standards.
• Analyse trends in safety data and come up with solutions that reduce incidents through education and proactive processes.
• Proactively identify safety and compliance improvement opportunities, forge them into initiatives and lead the cross-functional team towards their successful implementation.
• Become the region's point of contact to all safety and compliance initiatives - understand well the EMEA and global safety and compliance organizations and keep regular contact and relationships with international stakeholders.
• Help launching new products and contribute to product development requests.
What you'll need
• Between 3 to 5 years of experience of operations or project delivery for a service provider, tech company or a management consultancy (operations, strategy or digital) with experience or a strong interest in developing scalable, tech-enabled safety and compliance solutions.
• Track record of being a respected operational problem solver e.g. having delivered a variety of high-pressure, time limited and complex problems, ideally within a safety setting.
• Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation.
• Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans.
• Very strong communication, organization and stakeholder management skills, ability to work in a fast-changing environment.
• Excellent command of English required. Spanish, Portuguese, Italian or Croatian an asset.
• SQL knowledge
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).