Our Operations teams work where Uber's digital technology meets the real world. We are the local eyes on Uber's operations team, and own city-specific business outcomes and bridge our overall business strategy with local needs. We ensure complex, business-critical work is done in a high-quality way and champion the core Uber experience in our cities.
About the Role
The team's mission is to use data to ensure that customers in UKI have a reliable and convenient service at all times in all places. This is a highly technical task that requires our brightest minds to tackle sophisticated product and operational challenges. You'll use analytical and operational knowledge to improve decision making and impact business outcomes, working on projects that improve marketplace efficiency and rider experience for millions of riders a year.
The role is project-based with a focus on product analytics and feature launches. This creates a competitive advantage by delivering sustainable solutions to business problems and ensuring our app is the best option for riders and drivers.
What You'll Do:
• Data Analytics \\- Use data to improve decision making and impact business outcomes across the UK and Ireland
• Problem Solving \\- Solve business challenges by adjusting various system levers and identifying potential solutions.
• Cross-functional collaboration and stakeholder management \\- Engage with a number of functions across the business - policy, communications, product, marketing, legal and customer support and, in some cases, manage external stakeholders.
• Project management and execution \\- Plan and project manage multiple city projects and have the ability to execute in a constantly changing, complex environment.
• Product \\- Collaborate closely with our product teams to test and roll out new features or products that improve the Uber app.
What You'll Need:
• At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in data-driven decision-making and sound business judgement through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
• Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
• Desire to work closely with product and technical teams to develop products critical to our operations
• Consistent track record of being a respected operational problem solver
• Strong project management skills - the ability to prioritise and successfully drive a project from beginning to end - no matter what
• Cross-functional Teamwork - you will partner with a range of local and regional teams including Business Development, Legal, Product, Marketing, Central Operations, Customer Experience, Regulatory Operations and Cities to launch initiatives
• Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and execute quickly
• Creative solutions-focused mindset, with a passion to deliver
• Resourceful, go getter - Uber is committed to constant improvement. You're excited to create value for the business and designed processes, analysis and operations that can scale
• Strong communication and organisation skills
• SQL knowledge preferred (and if not, must possess an aptitude to learn quickly as this will quickly form part of your day-to-day activity)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.