In Marketing, we work across the company to bring the Uber brand to life, both inside and outside our walls. Our Market & Consumer Research teams blend world-class research and business strategy to push Uber forward and find undiscovered ways to unlock Uber's fullest potential. By acting as objective truth-seekers, our team champions the needs of Uber's customers, challenges organizational assumptions, and provides data-driven recommendations to grow Uber's business.
About the Role
As a Research & Insights Manager dedicated to Safety, you will lead and execute research to advise the direction of safety marketing and product strategy. You'll help craft the future of safety at Uber with consumers and earners across the world by providing data-driven answers to the most important questions.
To do so, you'll work with Marketing, Ops, and Product teams locally and globally to develop and implement high-impact quantitative and qualitative research from end to end. As one of the company's highest priorities, safety You will act as the voice of the consumer and earner in synthesizing this research with other data sources to influence insight-driven decisions.
What You'll Do
• Lead safety market research for our consumer and earner audiences, working with a diverse set of cross-functional partners
• Collaborate within the market research team and with product research and analytics to execute research studies and connect insights across the organization
• Manage vendors to execute both qualitative and quantitative primary research studies as well explore secondary data sources as needed
• Deliver insights and influence partners across the organization to drive deeper understanding of key audiences and integration into business and marketing strategy
• Communicate effectively in executive forums about safety metric performance
• Be a close partner to cross-functional stakeholders, using findings from research to help advise their strategic decisions
• Develop in-depth knowledge of safety sentiment, synthesizing across studies and act as subject matter expert
• Work closely with other market researchers on the team to work to scale standard methodologies for more efficient and effective research
• 7+ years of work experience in consumer-focused market research, marketing, or consulting
• Excellent critical thinking, project management, and interpersonal skills
• Passion for using insights from multiple sources to guide business and marketing strategy
• Ability to work in a quick-moving environment and prioritize among projects while maintaining attention to detail
• Self-starter and problem-solving approach to ensure success of research projects in a changing environment
• Interest in working with a large and diverse set of partners, vendors and team
• Experience using SQL, R or SPSS
• Proficiency in moderating 1:1 interviews and focus groups
• Hands-on experience at a research supplier - writing questionnaires and discussion guides, fielding research, etc.
• Experience with market research in multiple countries/regions
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).