About the Role
We're always changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
We believe Hailable Products (auto, moto & taxi) in Sub Saharan Africa present the next big growth opportunity for the region and we're looking for someone who can not only own the strategy for the region but who also has the operational and stakeholder management skills to execute against our bold goals. This role will require a strategic outlook, strong stakeholder management skills as well as a proven ability to execute on complex projects across multiple countries.
This is a critical role, as you will be in charge of identifying new products or services that could improve our platform, as well as working on their implementation and improving efficiencies post implementation, and scaling best practice across EMEA.
What the Candidate Will Do
• Build Strategy \\- In conjunction with key stakeholders regionally and globally, flesh out the SSA wide strategy for hailables, prioritise the biggest opportunities and set measurable KPIs for executing against your goals.
• Collaborate \\- Coordinate with Policy, Business Development, Legal, CommOps, Marketing and other cross-functional as well as external teams to launch, improve, and generate awareness of Uber hailables products across Sub Saharan Africa
• Execute \\- You will be accountable for the operational execution of the Hailables strategy in Sub Saharan Africa.
• Advocate \\- Get strategic buy-in for initiatives, as well as report performance to senior regional leadership; be the voice of the business to ensure continued alignment and prioritisation with global product teams
What the Candidate Will Need
• At least 7 years professional experience. Members of our operations team often have backgrounds in engineering, finance, consulting, law or computer science or have worked in entrepreneurial or startup environments - if you think your background brings something to the table, we want to hear from you!
• Strong communication and collaboration skills \\- You are good at working with diverse teams, understanding different perspectives and building solutions together. You also feel comfortable dealing with external stakeholders like regulators and business partners across the region.
• Analytical rigour \\- You'll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world. We use data to inform our decisions.
• Strategic mindset \\- You are comfortable in the detail, but are also able to see the bigger picture and pivot strategically as the environment around you changes
• Demonstrated record of positively owning and leading initiatives and projects. You seek out problems and innovate ways to solve them. You have autonomy to make changes to Uber in your region, and possess the skills to push our product to be the best it can be.
• Creative solutions driven mindset and optimism \\- You have an operational mindset and strong drive for improvement to work to make Uber a better experience for drivers and riders. You see failure as an opportunity to learn and do things better.
• Ability to travel across Sub Saharan Africa as required.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.