About the Role
Insurance is a critical part of our business, and we are constantly innovating in this area. The Uber Legal team is currently searching for an Insurance Litigation Legal Counsel with experience in defense litigation. This role is based in Sao Paulo, Brazil and will support teams in LATAM, EMEA, and APAC. Do you want to bring your expertise to Uber?
What the Candidate Will Do
• Assist in all phases of the civil litigation lifecycle, including, but not limited to defense review and evidentiary phase and appellation strategies
• Review, categorize, coordinate, track and update information and legal documents within our matter management system
• Analyze, issue spot and advance inquiries and issues
• Perform research, fact investigation and preservation functions
• Prioritize and handle a large volume of cases and projects
• Perform and analyze complex data analytics
• Design, craft and deliver engaging presentations for internal and external audiences
• Respond directly to requests from outside counsel, insurers and other partners
What You'll Need
• Bachelor of Laws
• Strong academic credentials
• Experience on civil liability litigation
• Proficiency in Portuguese and English, fluency in Spanish a plus
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivation and the ability to work both on a team and independently
• Technical know-how with at least an intermediate level of computer skills, including a working knowledge of Google suite, Excel, Word, Adobe, Box and other web-based applications
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Flexibility to help out wherever needed
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.