|Category||People & Places|
In People & Places, we handle all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. Our Talent Acquisition teams find, attract, and hire the world's greatest minds to join Uber.
About the Role
As a Principal Tech Sourcer, you will identify talentwith highly niche backgrounds that will solve the unique engineering challenges alongside some of the brightest people in the industry. You will also have the opportunity to lead a small team of sourcers directly and/or through projects. These engineers and product/program specialists we find design and implement solutions that are used by MILLIONS of our customers every single day.
What You'll Do
• Identify, engage, plan, and analyze relationships, set priorities and expectations with internal and external partners
• Build pools of top talent engineering leaders and effectively moving them through the hiring process in a timely manner
• Effectively aligning a candidate's motivations with Uber's value proposition, role details, and expectations
• Passionately push for results, think and act quickly, operate long-term and in the best interest of company goals
• Ensure a fantastic candidate experience for all -- you will build teams and process with phenomenal candidate experience as a critical priority
• Use data and conversion metrics to understand what it will take to make the hire and improve hiring for future
• Influence the business using data & insights
• Minimum of 7 years of professional experience
• Experience in sourcing or full-cycle recruiting in a fast-paced environment at a similar size and scale of Uber
• Previous tech recruiting experience strongly preferred
• Deep knowledge of Software and Systems Engineering talent profiles
• Excellent command of data and analytics and shown success in data driven organizations; proficient in using data to guide decisions and change
• Excellent communication both written and oral
• Ability to think quickly, present well, and analyze data
• Prior experience working in metrics-driven department
• Ability to partner with a wide variety of clients, including senior level business leaders and top-tier professional candidates within the engineering organization
• Understand the process of attracting and retaining the brightest minds from all backgrounds, while cultivating the power of a diverse organization
• Ability to balance the role of strategic talent advisor with urgency while simultaneously managing delivering results in a growing and very fast-paced environment
• Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, or equivalent preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).