|Category||People & Places|
In People & Places, we handle all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. Our Workplace team handles global real estate, space planning, food & beverage, and event planning.
About the Role
We have an exciting newly created opportunity for an innovative and motivated individual with expertise in workplace strategy development to join our Global team.
The workplace strategist is responsible for providing leadership, vision and direction with matters relating to Workplace, Design, experience and Strategy (occupancy). In this role, you will be responsible for integrating people, places, and processes to ensure employees are happy and productive.
You will use and analyze multiple data sources to understand hybrid working patterns to help enable peak performance of the workplace.
You will lead a team of occupancy planning partners who assess, analyze and evaluate space needs, utilization, and who maintain occupancy plans to support Uber's workforce strategy.
What You'll Do
• Manage a team as well as oversight of third party business colleagues.
• Own the relationships with internal partners including senior leadership.
• Develop executive level presentation materials and present findings to that audience.
• Establish surveys and questionnaires, engage the business through focus groups and lead pilot programs to continuously improve the workplace experience and prepare the workforce for change.
• Partner with Workplace + Real Estate colleagues to develop innovative and executable plans to support the business needs.
• Understand how physical space, the workforce, and technology come together to maximize productivity and usability of space.
• Research industry trends and benchmark practices to help inform adjustments to workplace designs.
• Minimum 12+ years of experience in a related field, including: architecture, interior design, change management, and/or workplace strategy.
• Significant experience leading and managing initiatives across a team or organization
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills demonstrating confidence in building and optimally maintaining positive relationships with clients (internal and external) and co-workers
• Sharp analytical and conceptual skills with the ability to communicate results both orally and written
• Strong execution skills with the ability to convert strategies to actions into results
• Ability to empower teams and negotiate with problem-solving proficiency
• Highly organized with ability to manage time and competing priorities
• High degree of independence, initiative, responsibility, and accountability
• Proficient in Google suite and Illustrator, Photoshop for presentations
• Strong understanding of local and international workstyles and occupancy models
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Facilities Management, Business Administration or related field, or commensurate experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).