|Category||Finance & Accounting|
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently.
About the Role
We are looking to hire a Staff Accountant on the Global Consolidations & Intercompany Team to work on a multitude of projects and streamline processes. You will become a subject matter expert in multiple entity structuring, transfer pricing, intercompany, and the consolidation process via Hyperion Financial Management. You will act as a cross-functional business partner to implement automation and create improvements to optimize the month-end close. You should work well in a dynamic environment, be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently, and prioritize and deliver on tasks at hand.
What You'll Do
• Partner with cross-functional teams to execute changes in transfer pricing and other intercompany arrangements
• Collaborate with Payments, Revenue, and local Compliance teams to launch complex onshoring projects
• Assist in entity mergers, dissolutions, and/or changes in the functional currency
• Assist monthly consolidation via HFM/Hyperion and ensure SOX compliance around consolidation
• Partner with acquisition companies to record and if any, resolve intercompany out-of-balances
• Review reconciliation of intercompany accounts performed by the GBS team
• Coordinate with Treasury and AP to settle intercompany balances in accordance with the IC agreements
• Perform analysis on the effects of foreign exchange to the P&L and balance sheet
• Bachelor's degree
• 1+ year of professional experience
• 2 years working experience knowledge of accounting practices related to intercompany/transfer pricing, business partnering, problem solving and prioritization skills
• A strong understanding of fundamental accounting concepts, principles and tax and reporting processes and requirements in an international environment
• Individual should work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to stakeholders
• Oracle R12 and AGIS (Advanced Global Intercompany System) experience is a plus
• Possess excellent analytical skills (MS Excel)
• Preferred Big 4 audit experience with multinational engagements
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).