About the Role
Whenever you see a map on an Uber product or search for a place, it is being powered by the Maps Display team. The team works on the experiences that Uber products use to convey the physical world in a screenful of pixels. We are responsible for ensuring that we have oriented the riders, drivers, couriers and any one else on the Uber systems to where they are in the physical world, how to rendezvous with each other, and how to get to their destination.
On the mobile team, we build the user experience for Maps including the selection of pickup and dropoff points, the frameworks that display maps, show markers and icons on a map, and the systems that understand the user location to determine if everything for a pickup or drop off is going well so that we can reassure the users throughout their journey.
What You'll Do
• As a software engineer at Uber, you'll have a direct impact on the customer experience for riders, drivers, eaters, restaurant and business owners and cities alike.
• Deliver groundbreaking experiences that help simplify the lives of our diverse customer base at global scale.
• As a mobile engineer you'll design, build, and maintain microservices mobile application modules for Ubers Rider, Driver and Eats apps impacting tens of millions of daily users.
• You will have a direct influence on the experience across all our products and help create the SDKs and frameworks that will be used by all Uber applications use cases that require user interaction with a map or a place.
• You will work with some of the world's most experienced mapping and search professionals, data scientists, software engineers, and research scientists on a very user-facing product. This is your chance to develop cutting-edge technology that will make a huge impact on the efficiency of every Uber trip and delivery!
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• Experience writing mobile applications for the Android ecosystem (Java/Kotlin)
• 5+ years of software development experience.
• Experience with large consumer facing mobile products.
• Experience working with UX Design, Product Management, Backend and Data Science teams.
• Prior experience with Maps/Cartography or user experience experimentation
About the Team
Whether engineering more accurate ETAs or helping drivers navigate to the perfect pick-up spot, our mapping technologies are integral to the magic of the Uber platform. On the Maps Engineering team, we use the latest ML, GPS, and telematics solutions to make transportation on our platform safer and more accessible.
For Colorado-based roles: The salary/hourly rate range for this role is $153,900 per year - $171,000 per year. You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award, commissions, & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing[ this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A?uclick id=8c2a5db4-cddd-4f56-ae70-707a3b073dff).
Uber offers comprehensive benefits, including:
• Health and Wellness - comprehensive medical, dental and vision health benefits; concierge primary care practice membership.
• Flexible time off - eligible employees receive unlimited paid time off, subject to manager approval.
• Paid Holidays - 12 paid company holidays.
• Income protection - life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage. Option to purchase additional voluntary life insurance for employee and employee's eligible dependents.
• Pre-tax benefits - 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), flexible spending accounts (health, dependent care and limited purpose), health spending account and transit and parking.
• Family friendly programs - parental support program, parental leave, Uber-sponsored wearable breast pump, breast milk shipping for eligible employees traveling for business, fertility services.
• Additional perks - Employee Assistance Program (EAP), wellbeing reimbursement stipend, legal support services, Uber credits and cell phone allowance (or option to opt-in for a corporate phone).