|State||District of Columbia|
About the Role
Uber is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our US & Canada Rides Operations team. If you love setting a vision, managing cross-functional partners, pushing projects forward to deliver strategically meaningful results, and solving problems from both 30,000 feet as well as deep in the details, this is the role for you.
We're generating vast amounts of data every day. We use this data to inform everything we do: ensure balance in the marketplace, identify ways to continually make the Uber experience better for drivers and riders, deploy incentives and promotions, understand customer behavior, develop and launch new product offerings, and more. Operations Managers are responsible for developing strategies, such as how we balance our marketplace, target and deploy customer promotions, manage local markets, and identify and solve operational weaknesses. They balance improving or innovating new processes with setting and delivering on goals to meet business needs.
What You'll Do
• Make strategic decisions to prioritize within functional area; guide and set goals for the team
• Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in business decision-making
• Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate processes
• Build, maintain, communicate, and present detailed reporting
• Present models, findings and insights to senior management to drive business decisions
• Collaborate with local and other Central Operations teams, as well as marketing, product, and other functions, to ensure that insights inform broader critical initiatives
• This role demands excellent stakeholder and project management skills, as well as the ability to both plan and execute projects of varying time horizons and scope with minimal guidance
• The Rides Operations team owns functional business strategies as well as local market strategies, and your team will be responsible for monitoring, correcting, and executing business processes
• Bachelor's degree required
• At least 1 year of experience
• Data-first problem solver with excellent Excel / data analysis skills.
• 2+ years of experience of strategy / consulting / business intelligence or related experience;
• Some high-growth operations, tech, or startup experience is strongly preferred.
• Outstanding communication and organization skills
• Self-motivated individual that works well independently
• Clear communicator
• Strong, demonstrated leadership capabilities
• SQL experience preferred
• Self-motivated, works independently and possesses strong organization and time management skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).