About the Team
The Automation Platform (Flow) team is building Uber's marketing technology and ecosystem that empowers Uber's Products, CRM, and Marketing to create complex automated solutions rapidly and visually. The platform is processing 2B events every day and executing thousands of workflows, batch jobs, and 1.5B actions every week. The team's work lays the foundation for Uber's business growth as 90% of marketing communications and campaigns are built on top of it. If you are passionate about designing and building extremely reliable, highly scalable, and performant multi-tenant services that never fail, this is the right group for you.
What You'll Do:
We are looking for backend engineers to work on one of the following areas to scale the platform to the next level:
• Core: build large-scale real-time event processing and batch processing engine to orchestrate business workflows. Achieving five-nine availability, zero data loss, low end-to-end latency for billions of events is the goal.
• Ecosystem: create a booming ecosystem around marketing automation, including metadata service, permission management, attributes/events marketplace, self-serve, drag-n-drop user experience, etc.
• XP & Personalization: build cutting-edge technologies to facilitate the end-to-end process of orchestrating personalized marketing campaigns and continuously optimizing campaigns using automated experiment analysis.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• At least five (5) years of software engineering experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).