About the Role
Uber Payments BV (UPBV) is Uber's payments subsidiary in the EU processing all of Uber's payments in the EU (EEA) under a licence from the Dutch Central Bank. As a licensed financial institution Uber Payments BV has stringent compliance obligations and this role is crucial for ensuring that these are met.
The UPBV Compliance Team is part of Uber Payments BV's second line of defence and is responsible for setting and implementing a policy framework to ensure compliance with relevant Anti Money Laundering (AML) laws and regulations. The Compliance Team is supported by and supports initiatives of the larger Uber Group. Co-operation with several Uber Technology Inc (UTI) and Uber B.V. (UBV) critical teams are essential.
As a Senior Compliance Officer - Payments, you will be responsible for supporting Uber Payments BV's Sanctions and PEP Screening policy framework, related controls and monitoring activities. The Sanctions and PEP program is designed to ensure that UPBV does not enter into business relationships with sanctioned parties and that risks related to doing business with politically exposed persons are identified and managed adequately.
What You'll Do
• Maintain the Sanctions and PEP policy framework and ensure its implementation
• Provide guidance to the first line with designing and implementing appropriate controls related to sanctioned and PEP customers to strengthen the relevant control environment, mitigate money laundering and terrorist financing risks and support the business in achieving objectives
• Facilitate sanctions and PEP reporting to the UPBV Management and Supervisory Boards
• Facilitate internal and external escalations in case of true sanctions hits
• Assist the Compliance team with providing training to ensure adequate level of compliance culture and awareness: provide training to our team of Analysts and act as the subject matter authority on PEP & Sanctions
• Monitor the application of the Sanctions and PEP policy and operating procedures
• Contribute to the UPBV Systematic integrity risk assessment with scenarios and controls related to the area of sanctions and PEP screening
What You'll Need
• Proven experience with financial services and/or payments compliance, in a sanctions screening related role, preferably in the 2nd line
• Strong sense of ownership, accountability and entrepreneurial spirit
• Able to inspire change and solution oriented
• Great communicator, quick problem solver & confident in decision making
• Independent & autonomous, while still a strong teammate
• Enthusiastic, self-starting and thrives in changing, agile environments
• Fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken
Bonus Points if
• Exposure to financial technology
• Experience working with product and engineering teams
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion! We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.