We're looking for an exceptional attorney to join Uber's Autonomous Mobility & Delivery legal team as we build and scale Uber's autonomous product offerings, partner across the industry and engage government stakeholders at an exciting time for our company and the AV industry! If you're passionate about transforming the way that people go where they want and get what they need, come and join this bold team.
The Autonomous Mobility & Delivery team tackles novel and critical challenges, and a Senior Counsel will dive in and own a wide range of legal matters including AV regulation, product development counseling, commercial negotiations, safety and risk integration, data sharing and privacy, working directly with business clients to launch autonomous vehicles across the Uber platform.
This position is part of the Uber legal team and can be located in Washington, DC, Dallas, TX, or San Francisco, CA.
What You'll Do
• Serve as a front-line attorney approaching this role with an experienced perspective, identifying and resolving issues impacting the dynamic business managers, deal makers, engineers, safety professionals and operations specialists that will launch autonomous services and products at Uber.
• Engage and negotiate with partners, with full-view integration of risk and legal controls in commercial agreements.
• Ensure compliance with regulations applicable to operating autonomous vehicles across multiple cities and regulatory schemes, and craft effective measures for internal and external compliance, including engaging with industry coalitions and policymakers.
• Collaborate closely with colleagues on other legal teams, such as IP, Privacy & Security, Antitrust and Marketing to provide comprehensive advice and solve legal problems quickly.
• Review product features and programmatic initiatives to ensure safety and legal risk are factored into requirement, development and operational decisions.
• Create and implement policies and practices to ensure consistent implementation of legal guidance.
• A minimum of seven (7+) years of legal experience in private practice, government and/or in-house
• J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state.
• Experience with autonomous vehicles, mobility or on-demand delivery platforms.
• At least two (2+) years of in-house experience is highly preferred.
• Experience counseling in a regulated industry across multiple markets, interpreting and delivering clear, actionable guidance for clients.
• Experience and high comfort level in advising on a wide range of legal issues related to technology and/or software platforms.
• Collaborative approach with both business leaders and legal groups, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner across functions.
• Strong communication and team orientation.
• Confidence and flexibility to operate in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Inquisitiveness, along with the ability to spot issues, get to the heart of a matter, and articulate plans to address them.
• Passionate about your work and a desire to have a big impact.
• Enthusiastic about Uber and autonomous vehicles!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).