About the Role
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. We're seeking a Paralegal, Litigation who has the same passion for excellence.
This role is part of Uber's U.S. Litigation Team, which includes not only traditional commercial and regulatory litigation but also Government Investigations & Special Matters, Competition Law, and eDiscovery. The team is responsible for a broad litigation portfolio, touching on investigations, antitrust, marketing, IP, privacy, securities, accessibility, contract, unfair competition, and everything in between, for all business lines within the Uber family.
Our paralegal team is made up of experienced professionals who value and appreciate the importance of a good team dynamic. We are entrusted with significant substantive work, both internally and public-facing, as well as tasked with classic matter support and organization. We are looking for an experienced, ambitious, detail-oriented paralegal who can help us provide efficient support to the business.
What You'll Do
• Investigate underlying facts and help prepare defense to regulatory inquiries, consumer complaints, small claims, demand letters, and demands for arbitration
• Coordinate document collections/productions, related preservation efforts, and custodian identification in collaboration with eDiscovery team
• Assist with preparation of legal briefs, supporting declarations, and exhibits
• Oversee intake of new matters, service of process, and day-to-day matter management, including calendaring/docketing of case deadlines and data analytics
• Manage and draft responses to third party data requests, including subpoenas and consumer inquiries, and prepare related productions
• Design, build and deliver engaging presentations for internal and external audiences
• Maintain and update reference manuals and resource materials
• Initiate payments requests and transmittals
• Assist with special projects
• 2+ years litigation experience at large firm, sophisticated in-house legal department, or federal/state government agency
• 4+ years litigation experience at large firm, sophisticated in-house legal department, or federal/state government agency preferred
• Experience with litigation in both state and federal courts (California preferred)
• E-discovery and mass document production experience
• Familiar with rules of civil procedure, particularly California and federal
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, GSuite
• Paralegal certificate
• Highly motivated, efficient, organized, and laser-focused on the details
• Able to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both as a team and working independently to get the job done, no matter how big or small the project
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to collaborate and influence across multiple levels of an organization
• Calm in time sensitive situations; self-reliant and able to prioritize workload
• Enthusiastic about Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).