|State||District of Columbia|
About the Role
Uber is looking for a sharp, results-oriented, analytical operations specialist to join our US & Canada Rides Compliance Strategy & Operations team. If you love scaling processes, managing complex projects, working with cross-functional stakeholders, and diving deep into the details to create operational efficiency, then this role is for you. The ideal candidate will excel at solving complex problems, managing multiple workstreams, and engaging with stakeholders to deliver on key business goals that promote compliance and unlock growth.
What You'll Do:
• Build, execute, and improve key compliance processes, ensuring that Uber's business keeps running smoothly
• Collaborate closely with different teams (e.g. Product, Legal, Engineering, Marketing, Community Operations) to develop and execute business strategies related to compliance. This includes things like supporting product rollouts of new compliance tech, owning compliance metrics and monitoring, developing compliance strategies, continuous process improvement and scaling solutions across the US & Canada
• Execute on business critical regulatory and compliance processes to ensure we meet our legal obligations, including reporting, payments and audits
• Identify business priorities such as growth opportunities or operational weaknesses and help drive the team's strategy and improve or innovate processes
• Present models, findings and insights to senior management to drive business decisions
• This role demands strong stakeholder and project management skills, as well as the ability to both plan and execute projects of varying time horizons and scope with minimal guidance
• You'll ensure high standards for compliance operations; you are an enterprising multi-tasker, driving cross-functional groups to decisions on strategic initiatives
• Bachelor's degree required
• At least 1 year of demonstrated experience
• Data-first problem solver with excellent Excel or data analysis skills
• 3+ years of experience in strategy / consulting / business intelligence / compliance or related experience
• Some high-growth operations, tech, or startup experience
• SQL strongly preferred; other technical skills (scripting, macros, automation) is a plus
• Project management experience in a highly cross-functional setting, including with technical or product teams
• Clear communicator with the ability to work across business functions
• Self-motivated and self-starting - works well independently and possesses strong organization and time management skills
• Strong, demonstrated leadership capabilities
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).