About the Role
The Global, Safety Risk and Identity Operations team is a key global team in the Community Operations org, that focuses on building and delivering in best in class support for our critical issues, industry leading identity verification standards and securing the platform when things go wrong. You can read more about the team's strategy here: http://t.uber.com/gsri-3Y
What makes this team unique? We focus on some the hardest customer issues at Uber, at work very closely with our Safety, Risk and Identity stakeholders. We work on a global scale -- and pride ourselves in being incredibly close with our regional partners, operating as one extended team.
What makes this role unique? You'll be the S&P lead for all the things - governance, PMO, short and long term strategy. You'll need to pick up vague issues that perplex our senior program leaders and bring clarity to chaos. You'll lead an intimate team of three, and have a bird's eye view into three disparate programs with the aim of creating more clarity on where we should go, help define what success is and stir the ship to get there.
What You'll Do
• Set Our Strategy: Work on a team that defines the business' short and long term strategy. The team identifies trends and proposes specific actions to tap on opportunities and handle risks. You will work closely with and advise our program leaders on topics ranging from specific analyses to annual strategic planning to multi-year visions. Set high standards for the team to think boldly and creatively, and then funnel that energy into clear goals and strong execution
• Keep Us Accountable: Develop and coordinate the governance and accountability models for the leadership team to ensure that we are on track to achieve our goals and course accurate as needed
• Fact Find and Uncover Insights: Be truth-seeking and comfortable with data/ Use Uber's rich dataset and external data sources to improve our understanding of our customers and markets to find opportunities and risks that may have a significant impact on the business.
• Keeper of the Org: The team drives the vision for what the organizational structure should look like based on strategic priorities, ways of working, and headcount budgets, and ensures that the organization has clear roles and responsibilities by team in order to ensure efficient decision making and accountability for results.
• Lead Projects and Programs: Be the glue that brings teams together to ensure critical initiatives reach our partners and customers. Be a hustling multi-tasker, driving cross-functional groups to decisions on strategically significant questions.
• Build Relationships: The nature of the team implies constant teamwork and interaction with the teams across Uber (Product, Engineering, Operations etc) and across different regions (US & Canada, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific) to ensure we are bringing all available tools to bear on our toughest problems.
• Coach and lead a lean, high performing team of 3 to bring this to life, focusing on team effectiveness, and career development
• Minimum 5 years of management consulting or related experience
• Demonstrated experience in managing complex stakeholder structure
• Strong communication, presentation and organization skills ability to reduce complex and complicated information into clear recommendations to senior leadership
• Track record of driving strategic insights and tying strategy work to specific business goals; experience with competitive strategy a plus
• Data-driven decision mentality, sound business judgment, and strong analytical thinking
• Absolute team player and ability to bring clarity of thought in situations where opinions may vary widely
• Prior experience with people management skills--driving business results while also being an empathetic leader; EQ is a must-have
• Disciplined organizational skills; you'll need to prioritize and manage many ongoing processes and projects simultaneously
About the Team
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe. This role will help unite our safety, risk and identity support programs globally.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).