About the Role
The City Manager is a people manager who will lead commercial efforts across Sellers and Account Managers in a given territory in the Midwest region.
This individual drives the commercial strategy within our largest and highest potential cities, making commercial decisions to help us against our goal of winning selection street by street and geo by geo. City Managers own the results of all sides of the marketplace - not just restaurant selection but also the eater and delivery driver experience. The role is 80% sales and account management work and 20% operational work. Operational work consists of balancing eater demand and driver supply within the territory.
What You'll Do
• Develop local expertise of merchant, courier, and eater supply and demand within a large or complex geo
• Lead team of Sellers and Account Managers to drive commercial strategy and priorities
• Make decisions to provide the best restaurant selection and user experience within your territory
• Own performance of all sides of the market (merchant, courier, and eater)
• Build vision and strategy for winning the customers and market in your city
• 1+ year of people management and sales leadership experience
• 3+ years of work experience across operations, sales, or account management
• Experience working closely and communicating effectively with diverse set of stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment
• People management skills - you set the tone for your team; driving towards results while also being empathetic to their challenges
• Experience being a leader among peers, influencing cross-functional partners and setting an example for others
• An entrepreneurial mindset, passion for building things, working towards a shared goal, and ownership of outcomes
• Strong interpersonal and sales skills - Uber Eats is a B2B business and you will need to know how to build and maintain relationships with partners
• Disciplined organizational skills - you'll need to prioritize many ongoing processes and projects simultaneously
• Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
• Passion for excellence with the ability to inspire others to the highest standards through leading by example.
• Ability to inspire and energize others to support the vision of Uber.
• Credibility and gravitas to garner the respect of the team as well as other stakeholders.
• Committment to attracting and retaining the brightest minds from all backgrounds, while cultivating the power of a diverse organization.
• Confidence to act quickly and decisively
• Ability to inspire teams to accomplish goals and objectives; responds quickly to complex situations to problem solve, while effectively working across the organization.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).