With over 20,000 employees globally, Uber is bolstered by a network of tools and services to improve productivity, business operations, sustainability, and corporate infrastructure. The Information Technology team makes Uber a better place to work.
About the Role
The Uber IT Engineering team plays a critical role executing high-impact Uber-wide M&A initiatives and continuously improving processes to increase the effectiveness of our products, operations and engineering organizations.
The IT Sr. Technical Program Management for M&As must move fluidly from the big picture to details so that the execution & operations team can deliver complex and strategic cross-functional solutions that tend to have tight deadlines. Additionally, you will work to design & architecture new engineering processes and functionality that will uplevel the existing M&A service that spans acquisitions, joint ventures, and divestitures.
You are a bridge and a connector for the company. You are intuitive, focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive. You break through communication issues and effectively develop collaborations at all levels of the organization; i.e. Director+ and all IC levels. You build trust across the organization. You are not afraid to be direct, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity.
What You'll Do
• Evolving M&A focused engineering processes and operationalizing them
• Training execution & operations teams on new processes
• Advancing issues to engineering teams and owning the resolution
• Determining which operational processes apply to the requirements of each deal
• Work with cross-functional partners (HR, Corp Dev) to map requirements to solutions. Mapping employee disposition to systems & hardware access/profiles
• Working with international teams to ensure coverage and to include SME for the various services
• Accurately manage crisis critical issue and activate/raise to other support teams as appropriate
• Provide direct feedback on issues impacting deals to IT Engineering leadership.
• Direct experience leading 2 or more IT focused M&As
• Advanced knowledge of network and systems infrastructure such as Active Directory, network architecture, systems architecture, and identity management.
• Technical familiarity with HR systems such as Workday
• Strong problem solving, organization and project management skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly technical environment
• Ability to be on site and on call
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity with international security/privacy laws
• Ability to multi-task, independently manage time and execute on-time and at scale
• Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as part of a team
• High technical aptitude and an ability to understand or quickly learn technical designs, challenges, and risks.
• Strong organizational skills to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, without losing sight of the highest priority items.
• Experienced success working with globally distributed teams
• 10+ years of IT experience in a variety of roles.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education
• Extensive M&A experience leading multiple IT focused initiatives
• Led cross functional teams to achieve goals
• Leadership experience with technical teams of 20 or more direct / indirect reports
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).