About the Role
Uber is building technology people use every day. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered, or getting to and from the airport, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of everyday life. As Uber continues to expand its services and technologies around the world, the Community Operations (CommOps) team is looking for a highly motivated hands-on Program Manager who thrives in a fast-paced cross-functional environment and is excited about improving our customer support.
As a Program Manager within CommOps Global Strategy & Planning, you will partner closely with stakeholders in Ops and Product to support the growth of the business while collaborating within CommOps to drive efficiencies and service quality improvements. In this role, you will obsess about improving the customer experience by delivering insights to Ops & Product teams and advocating for the customer across your work.
What You'll Do
• Identify, design & drive end-to-end implementation of high-impact initiatives that define Uber's customer support experience and are essential to the success of CommOps
• Ensure projects are properly defined and scoped with charters that include clear and compelling problem statements, quantifiable goals, and baseline data
• Identify opportunities in our processes and operating models, driving strategic projects aimed at making improvements with global impact
• Work closely with a cross-section of functions and geographies and lead distributed teams through influence to accomplish these programs
• Drive project and key stakeholder alignment on initiatives to ensure they are connected to the larger customer support goals
• Be the subject matter expert for the best support practices acquired internally and externally
• Drive continuous efforts to improve support infrastructure and processes
• Work with counterparts in other regional and global roles in pursuit of these initiatives
• Develop and maintain customer facing content to ensure that the voice, tone, and brand of support is consistent and effective
• Minimum 4 years of program management experience, leading multi domain, cross-functional projects
• MBA or Master's degree in business, finance, operations, economics, or other quantitative field
• 5 years of prior work experience in program management or a related function (e.g., consulting, operations, etc.)
• Highly structured and detail oriented approach to work
• Experience working with large and distributed global teams
• Proven track record managing stakeholders and operating in a cross-functional environment
• An innovative, proactive, and passionate approach to your work
• Ability to drive execution and implementation
• Advanced powerpoint / presentation skills
• Advanced excel / data analysis skills
About the Team
The Global Strategic Projects team is a critical function within our global customer support (CommOps) organization, and sits under our Global Strategy and Planning function. The team is responsible for driving key cross-functional programs with large-scale impact (e.g., defect reduction, managing loyalty programs, efficiency improvement, etc.) and managing key business planning and reporting activities. The programs that this team directly drives are some of the highest priorities for the business, and have engagement across leadership both in CommOps and Uber.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).