Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Uber Eats is home to a team of mobile and backend engineers tasked with creating an app to fuel our three-sided marketplace of eaters, delivery-partners, and restaurants. From making it easier to discover your ideal meal to designing dynamic UIs, our iOS and Android engineers keep the app healthy and users hungry for more.
About the Role
This team focuses on how to retain existing couriers & make them more efficient. They look at things including but not limited to earnings forecasting, supply positioning, aiming to figure out in real time where the best position is geographically for the drivers to capitalise on demand or maximise earning potential.
• Strong leadership skills but also deeply technical -- this is a sophisticated workspace. There is no need to code, but you'll need to have a strong understanding of technical architecture, system design, and problem solving acuity on sophisticated technical challenges
• 3+ years of experience managing engineering teams through technical leads
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Backend systems Experience.
• Be able to work cross-functionally with many other roles and partners within the company
• Passionate about building excellent experiences for Uber users all over the world
• A high bar across the board - for your own contributions, for the people you work with, and for the products you work on
• Experience hiring and developing a large team
• Full-stack systems experience.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).