About the Role
Join one of Uber's fastest growing verticals, Uber for Business (U4B), where we bring consumer product level quality to serve some of the largest enterprise customers in the world.
In this high-visibility role, you will be a key strategic partner to senior members of the leadership team. You will drive and execute high-impact org-wide initiatives to increase the effectiveness of our product and engineering organizations. The role demands great technical depth, principled thinking, a high bar for quality, and ambitious innovation. Working alongside a cross-functional team that includes Engineering, Product, Data Science, and Operations in a fast-paced environment, you will build and deliver technology solutions that power our U4B enterprise solution. You enjoy ambiguity and feel comfortable leading through influence.
What the Candidate Will Do
As a Sr TPM focused on creating enterprise grade APIs, you will work closely with product and engineering teams to understand customer needs and unlock revenue generating opportunities. In addition you will:
• Organize and execute as an important member of the U4B team
• Prioritize key critical initiatives based on impact through a data-focused lens
• Anticipate and proactively solve long term system challenges through a deep understanding of business, product, and technology
• Champion and lead effective decision making for world class system and architectural designs
• Partner with the leadership and their extended teams to drive the communication and execution within the organization.
• Lead short-term deep dives and cross-functional project teams to structure and execute analyses needed to develop recommendations. Lead critical projects based on emergent business needs.
• Develop and contribute to internal and external knowledge bases
• Build enterprise grade endpoints for reliability, availability, low latency, and scalability.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics, related quantitative subject area, or equivalent practical experience.
• 8+ years experience as a TPM or Engineering Manager in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment.
• Experience with or solid understanding of end-to-end software development
• Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and emotional intelligence.
• Strong organizational skills to prioritize many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
• Analytical and truth-seeking. Understand sophisticated concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
• Previous experience creating enterprise APIs
• Strong technical experience in large distributed systems
• Ability to conceptualize and lead delivery in a microservice environment
• Skilled at facilitating discussions. You get the right people in the room, let conversations run their course while they are productive, move them toward consensus when possible, and make hard decisions or call out, as required.
• Developer experience, including writing, testing, and deploying code
• Curiosity and passion about the user experience. Any time you use a new app, you search out all the interesting features, looking for hidden gems. You often find yourself thinking about how you would redesign the app to provide a more delightful, friction-free experience to users
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).