About the Role
Uber is changing the way people think about how to move people and things. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a meal, or a freight shipment, we use technology to move people the way they want.
The Uber Freight team is a big part of this story. Uber Freight creates products and services that facilitate the movement of freight for trucking companies and shippers. Our mission is clear: we are simplifying the movement of goods to help communities thrive. Come join us as we transform the transportation industry.
We are currently searching for a Paralegal or Sr. Paralegal for our Uber Freight legal team, with specific expertise in supporting a growing and fast-moving organization through negotiating and managing commercial transactions, as well as developing and scaling project management processes. This role will be based at Uber's San Francisco or Chicago offices.
What You'll Do
• Work with a highly collaborative Uber Freight legal team, taking the lead on contract management processes, including working to scale existing processes that manage contractual relationships through their life cycle and track the review of new products for the Uber Freight team. You will also work with stakeholders across the Uber Freight business as well as other Uber legal teams.
• Coordinate all aspects of contract administration, including basic review, drafting and negotiation, managing approval and signature processes, distribution and archiving, and escalating critical issues.
• Establish legal tools, playbooks and policies. Help create and update standards and practices for legal review and approvals.
• Manage and lead special projects (such as engagement with the audit team).
• Identify gaps in processes and build scalable solutions to support an ever-growing business team.
• A minimum of two (2+) years of paralegal or contracts administration experience in a law firm and/or in-house environment for the Paralegal role.
• A minimum of three (3+) years of paralegal or contracts administration experience in a law firm and/or in-house environment for the Paralegal role.
• A minimum of six (6+) years of paralegal or contracts administration experience in a law firm and/or in-house environment for the Sr. Paralegal role.
• Experience working with organizations to negotiate, draft and finalize sales and other commercial agreements preferred.
• Be a contracts pro. You have the experience and confidence to review or help coordinate on a broad variety of agreements, including non-disclosure agreements, services agreements, and website terms and conditions. You spot issues, are not afraid to ask questions and possess the judgement to escalate issues to others on the legal team when necessary.
• Technical Savvy. Can create/use Word documents, Excel templates, Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Forms, and other project management tools and e-signing tools. Familiarity with contract management systems like SpringCM or DocuSign CLM a plus.
• Be a good communicator. You know how to communicate clearly whether writing or speaking.
• Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-functioning team and you embrace challenges and enjoy solving problems.
• A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
• Detail-oriented and self-motivated. You have superior organizational skills, high integrity and you follow-through on tasks.
• B.A./B.S. preferred
• Enthusiastic about Uber Freight and our mission!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).