About the role
The EMEA Uber Rides business spans over 40 countries across 3 continents and is one of the main drivers of Uber's growth and profitability. As a business, we face a unique set of opportunities and challenges due to regulatory, competitive and economic differences in our region. The EMEA Strategy and Planning team works directly for the Regional General Manager of EMEA to shape our strategic approach to the region, implement changes and coordinate actions across Operations, Marketing, Support, and our functional teams. The team has recurring responsibilities managing our annual planning cycle & governance, quarterly strategy refresh, and our competitive strategy and response. Additionally, the team runs strategic projects which historically have involved launching new markets, driving the implementation of product/legal or policy changes, managing M&A integrations and working with functions to improve performance.
We are looking for a Senior Associate who can navigate a highly diverse set of stakeholders to drive action and results; Someone with high business acumen that can understand complex problems fast, recommend a practical course of action and follow through. Someone who understands and speaks data, operations and strategy equally well.
What you will do
• Strategy: Work closely with the Ops leadership and S&P teams across EMEA
• Planning: Build and maintain financial and headcount models, operational reporting, OKRs, projections, and key business metrics to inform the leadership and the entire org of where the business stands
• Program/Project Management: Be a resourceful, go-getting multitasker, supporting initiatives across the region by working with cross-functional stakeholders the U.S. and Europe
• Process Improvement: Identify the biggest operational gaps, inefficiencies, and risks using our internal data and deliver solutions
• Scale: Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and expansion efforts, and make data-driven decisions
• Develop Relationships: Interface with other functional areas (Engineering, Business Development, People
• Operations, Product, Legal, Finance, Rides, Eats, etc.) to ensure efficient and productive working relationships
What You'll Need
• At least 3 years experience in investment banking, consulting, business intelligence and strategy.
• A degree in BA or MA in Economic, Business, Computer Science. Bonus points if you have an MBA
• Strong stakeholder management and communication skills with exposure to senior stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
• Advanced analytical capabilities preferred, including knowledge of statistics and comfort with SQL
• Experience in defining solutions to complex, strategic topics with a deeply analytical and data-driven approach to issues
• Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
• Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
• Self-starter - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
• A \"driver\" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
• Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.