About the Role
The Brazil Market Intelligence & Pricing team plays an essential role in influencing the biggest strategic decisions at the company, and then rolling up our sleeves and executing towards them to the highest level - be it to guarantee Uber's competitive position in one of the most intricate markets across the globe or to solve some of the most complex and exciting marketplace pricing challenges in the world.
As an Operations Manager - Marketplace Pricing, you will be part of the development of the overall pricing strategy for the country, through being the owner and go-to person regarding some of the most advanced marketplace pricing products deployed in Brazil.
Therefore, this role requires a strong sense of ownership and an ability to dive deep into analysis to understand patterns and procedures without losing sight of the high-level objectives.
What you'll do
• Lead the Brazil side of various pricing products, guaranteeing they are aligned with our local objectives & strategy - besides being correctly implemented, tracked, budgeted and accounted for
• Monitor the local marketplace and suggest, test and implement tweaks to the existing products that may improve their efficiency and/or bring them closer to our desired strategy - incorporating local knowledge to global tech and delivering bulletproof analysis to back the recommendation
• Build a solid relationship with key stakeholders to guarantee alignment between the various geographic structures (HQ, LATAM, Brazil) and the diverse cross-functional teams (Policy, Legal, Comms)
• Work hand in hand with Market Intelligence to incorporate the current and predicted competitive scenario into our pricing decisions
• Bring new insights and champion your projects! We value ideas over hierarchy, and there's always a new path to follow if your idea is convincing and well backed with data
What you'll need
• Mix between a strong business sense and a data-driven mentality to identify gaps in our value proposition and push forward for solutions
• Familiarity with code and programming concepts (in any language - SQL / Python are plus)
• Resilience and ability to take initiative in our constantly-changing fast-paced environment
• Ability to decode quantitative insights to a qualitative audience in a clear manner
• Organization and prioritization skills in order to navigate through various tasks & projects
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.