With over 20,000 employees globally, Uber is bolstered by a network of tools and services to improve productivity, business operations, sustainability, and corporate infrastructure. The Information Technology team makes Uber a better place to work.
About the Role
As a Sr Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for Architecture, Development and Deployment of PKI @ Uber runs on multiple platforms including OpenSSL, Microsoft and EJBCA Platforms. You are responsible for release of new Features, Automation, Workflows, Config management on the systems supporting Uber Enterprise IAM infrastructure.
This is a critical role involving identity certs for User, Device and Services.
You will be supporting all Uber Engineering, Business users, Devices that are internal and external.
You will be successful if you have experience in managing Cryptography infrastructure for a large corporation and have relevant proven experience.
A successful candidate also must have application development skills using Python, GoLang or Java and must have aptitude to adapt to the changes in the domain.
What You'll Do
• Engineer, Configure, Implement and maintain PKI services spanning Microsoft, EJBCA, OpenSSL and other OpenSource platforms
• Manage Certs Life Cycle Management through automation, Workflow orchestration.
• Resolve bugs through strong programming, critical problem solving, database query skills.
• Maintain and Manage Platform Services and Developer Operational tasks for infrastructure automation.
• Implement, maintain, manage and fix operational issues and provide Tier 0 oncall support.
• Provide thorough, detailed investigations using various support platforms (email, chat, phone) to develop case details, analyze evidence, and present recommendations for internal actions to key stakeholders
• Use Python and .Net platforms to provide programming support.
• Maintain excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism while delivering best in class customer service
• Employ critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills to navigate high severity incidents
• Proven experience in development, Design and Consultation on Certificates automation, API interfaces
• Must have solid understanding on Cryptography, Public Key Infrastructure, Encryption, Certificate Life Cycle Management.
• Must have strong SQL development skills to integrate and develop custom integration solutions to the backend systems.
• Must have strong software development skills on Python or GoLang for application development.
• Masters degree or equivalent experience in software engineering specialized in Systems engineering, design and architecture of high available systems and technologies, with programming expertise in Python, GoLang, .Net, Java, JS and xml technologies.
• 3+ Years working experience in Devops, Linux, Puppet and Infrastructure automation
• Minimum 5 years of customer support or relevant prior experience in troubleshooting, managing, mission-critical urgent and high-priority issues.
• Experience in managing Windows and Linux based systems, Config management
• Experience in Web and Middleware technologies such as Nginx, Tomcat, Weblogic
• Skill set in traffic management, Service and Session Load balancing skills primarily on HAProxy, NLB and F5 are an added advantage.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish trust with internal/external partners
• Organized, self-driven, and comfortable handling a large caseload
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).