About the Role
The Earner Growth team at Uber designs the experiences, products, and algorithms that help earners (both Uber Drivers as well as Uber Eats Couriers) get on the road and stay driving with our platform. In order to do this, we need to deeply understand the experience of earners at each step in their lifecycle, build driver valuation frameworks to make trade-offs, and create statistical models that identify opportunities and target experiences.
What You'll Do
• Work with Product and Engineer to design a strategy and project list to guide the team's efforts
• Hire and develop a high quality team of applied scientists and data scientists
• Give feedback on and input into each model, analysis, and output of the team
• Guide Uber Leadership's perspective on topics critical to the Earner Growth space
• Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Statistics, Economics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, or other quantitative fields.
• Experience in people management.
• Knowledge of underlying mathematical foundations of statistics, experimentation, machine learning, and analytics. Hands on experience in developing and prototyping statistical and machine learning models.
• Coding and SQL proficiency and ability to develop statistical analysis and algorithm prototyping in Python or R.
• Experience operationalizing and productionalizing modeling strategies from a variety of fields (Stats, Econ, OR, etc)
• 3+ Years of Applied Science Experience (7+ for Bachelors candidates)
• Strong knowledge of coding standard methodologies (unit testing, readability, modularity, etc)
• Track record of engaging senior leadership effectively to build understanding of and consensus for the viewpoints of the team
• Excellent success hiring, retaining, and motivating talented junior Applied Scientists
About the Team
The Core Analytics & Science Team (CAS) is Uber's largest data and applied sciences organization, covering both of Uber's main lines of business as well as the underlying platform technologies that power those businesses. We are a key part of Uber's cross-functional product development teams, helping to drive every stage of product development through data analytic, statistical, and algorithmic expertise.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).