|Category||Finance & Accounting|
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently.
About the Role
We are looking to hire a Staff Accountant on the Global Consolidations Team to work on a multitude of projects and streamline processes. You will become a subject matter expert in data governance, master data governance, change management, and the consolidation process via Hyperion Financial Management. You will act as a cross-functional business partner to implement automation and create improvements to optimize the month-end close. You should work well in a dynamic environment, be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently, and prioritize and deliver on tasks at hand.
What You'll Do
• Perform monthly consolidation via HFM/Hyperion and ensure SOX compliance around consolidation
• Assist in entity mergers, dissolutions, and/or changes in the functional currency
• Assist in financial system integrations related to acquisitions
• Assist in change management regarding Uber's global chart of accounts
• Assist in maintaining, updating and facilitating changes to Uber's master data governance process
• Perform controls to ensure Uber's financial systems are aligned across ERPs
• 1+ year of professional experience
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of 2 years experience working in public accounting or in a large multinational corporation with strong GL experience
• Experience working on intercompany transactions and/or consolidations is preferred
• Oracle R12 and HFM experience is a plus
• Excellent analytical skills, knowledge of accounting practices related to intercompany and foreign currencies, problem solving and prioritization skills
• Ability to work well independently in a dynamic environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Big 4 experience and CPA certification (or working towards it) is a plus
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
About the Team
The Global Consolidation and Intercompany Team is primarily responsible for the calculation of the global consolidation process, master data governance, transfer pricing, and the integration of financial systems due to acquisitions and foreign currencies analysis.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).