|Category||People & Places|
In People & Places, we handle all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. Our Talent Acquisition teams find, attract, and hire the world's greatest minds to join Uber.
About the Role
We are looking for a Principal Sourcer to support multiple business lines and scale Data Science hiring across North America. You will partner with recruiting and hiring managers to build teams across our dynamic region, and inform on hiring strategy to hire the right people for every job where they can make the biggest impact. You may also have the opportunity to work on strategic projects to improve and innovate how we attract and recruit the best talent because we know that there's always a better way!
What You'll Do
• Proactively solves complex issues and shares standard methodologies with manager and team
• Makes recommendations to Talent Acquisition Leadership, plays the role of inhouse specialist around how to continuously improve data analysis
• Comfortably leads conversations with senior leaders about data insights and successfully able to influence senior stakeholders with relevant data
• Pitches long-term benefits of our compensation package, while maintaining realistic expectations with candidates
• Proactively provides solutions and recommendations to sourcing and recruiting that solve a critical business need impact
• Predicts risks and complexities with candidate's circumstances, and provides creative solutions to remove potential roadblocks
• Analyzes data and historical trends at an org wide level and provides recommendations and solutions to hiring teams regarding pipeline management
• Passionately push for results, think and act quickly, operate long-term and in the best interest of company goals
• Ensure a fantastic candidate experience for all -- you will build teams and process with phenomenal candidate experience as a crucial priority
• Is an active mentor to other members of the team and is able to effectively ramp new joiners to be effective in their jobs
• Role models Uber behaviours and the Talent Acquisition craft
• Minimum of 6 years of professional experience
• Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, Communications or similar preferred
• 8+ years of experience in technical sourcing or recruiting
• Experience in sourcing or full-cycle recruiting in a fast-paced environment
• Previous data science and D&I sourcing/recruiting experience is a plus
• Experience working with funnel data and using it to guide hiring decisions
• Has partnered with a wide variety of clients, including senior level business leaders and seasoned professional candidates
• Has experience hiring in an organization focused on cultivating a diverse workforce
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).