|Category||Sales & Account Management|
|State||District of Columbia|
About the Role:
Government contracting is a newer space for Uber, but one which we believe presents a huge opportunity for the company as we strive to partner more closely with State and Federal agencies.
As a founding member of our U.S. Government Commercial team, you will work closely with leadership to build an impactful and effective public sector strategy within Uber for Business. In this capacity, you will scale long-term partnerships with some of our most meaningful customers, serving as a trusted advisor to help agencies get the most of Uber's full suite of business solutions. Success in this role will be measured by your ability to drive customer on-boarding, adoption, advocacy, and expansion.
In a nutshell, we're looking for an experienced Account Executive that's motivated to help build Uber's next big growth engine! Are you up to the challenge?
What You'll Do:
• Serve as an internal specialist in the U.S. Government contract expansion and renewal process
• Help define, implement, and execute against our U.S. Government contracting strategy
• Perform long-term planning and drive revenue growth through adoption, cross-selling, and expansion activities
• Serve as the voice of our customer with internal teams, developing positive relationships with senior cross-functional partners, including Product, Marketing, Sales Ops, Finance, and Legal to effectively drive acquisition and long-term growth
• Build and deliver compelling proposals, negotiate terms, and drive expansion contracts through signing
• Help recruit, develop and mentor the next generation of Government Account Managers at Uber
• Minimum 6 years of experience in an Account Executive role or similar
• Bachelor's Degree
• A deep understanding of the government acquisition and renewal process, with experience in customer success, account management or direct selling within the U.S. Public sector
• A track record of C-level sales activity and customer outcomes
• A history of partnering with cross-functional teams to achieve overarching organizational goals
• A builder's approach - comfortable developing something scalable where nothing existed before
• Data-driven mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
• Flexibility to travel to local markets or various Uber global locations as needed for strategy, planning, customer visits, and team building
• Able to meet federal government security requirements
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).