Our Defense Platform team enables enterprise defenders to rapidly identify, mitigate, and respond to cyber threats using innovative defense technologies, keeping Uber ahead of adversaries. We are seeking a Senior Security Engineer II to aid in the development of our infrastructure platforms with a focus on improving performance, reliability, and efficiency. These reliable processes and performant technologies are purpose-built to empower security practitioners to identify, mitigate, and respond to threats of abuse and intrusion.
• Architect and develop tools for threat detection, threat intelligence, forensic automation, and incident response.
• Drive continual improvement in monitoring, configuration management, instrumentation and automation with the goal of maintaining robust enterprise defense systems at planet scale.
• Build reliable infrastructure and tools for our security teams so they can accomplish their day-to-day tasks of reducing risk.
• Improve the overall quality and observability of our security telemetry.
• Build out new detection and mitigation strategies that will make it easier to identify and investigate suspicious activities.
• Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, System Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
• 5+ years of service/system reliability experience running large scale platforms.
• 3+ years experience writing with Python, BASH, or similar scripting languages.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows/Linux system administration at scale.
• Knowledge of Java and/or Golang.
• Experience using Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform or related configuration management / DevOps technologies.
• Experience using automation and instrumentation to improve engineering efficiency.
• Masters of Science in Computer Science, System Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
• Advanced knowledge of networking and application protocols.
• Experience designing and developing continuous integration/development systems (CI/CD).
• Experience working with services and APIs in cloud infrastructures (AWS or GCP).
• Experience building a security analytics, intrusion detection, or abuse detection platform.
• Experience with the Elastic Stack and related components (beats, logstash, elastic, kibana).
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).