Our Defense Platform team enables enterprise defenders to rapidly identify, mitigate, and respond to cyber threats using innovative defense technologies, keeping Uber ahead of adversaries. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with technical depth and entrepreneurial spirit to build and sustain innovative software platforms which empower our security practitioners.
• Build and maintain a modern technology stack with well defined APIs and practical integrations.
• Design and architect core, middleware, and backend software components that enhance our observability capabilities.
• Lead major initiatives, projects, roll-outs and phased-releases.
• Write software using primarily Java and/or Golang to enhance the capabilities of our defense platform.
• Improve our streaming security analytics capabilities based on components from the Elastic Stack (beats, logstash, elastic, kibana).
• Set technical direction and goals for the team regarding project impact, product quality, and engineering efficiency.
• Mentor and sponsor the work of other software engineers on the team.
• Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
• 6+ years of programming experience in Java, Golang, C, or other relevant coding languages.
• 6+ years of experience building large-scale infrastructure applications.
• Experience shipping large features with full-stack software development (building backend services, APIs, and frontend flows).
• Experience as a software lead designing and building distributed systems.
• Experience improving stability through code reviews, testing, rollout, and health/monitoring.
• Masters of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
• Experience developing high speed and large scale streaming software applications.
• Advanced knowledge of modern data processing technologies (Redis, Memcached, Kafka, Hive, Presto, Spark, Elasticsearch, Hadoop).
• Experience building security analytics, threat intelligence, intrusion detection, or incident response platforms.
• Experience developing software solutions using AWS or GCP cloud providers.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).